Sunday, January 24, 2010

shattered



You idiot. Never ever ever scare me like that again.

We were laughing. Talking about nice things. And to see you there, in front of that...Let's just say I've never been more wide-eyed in my life. Everything slowed down. Including you. And my feet felt glued to the ground. And all I could do was scream.

What surprises me, is that you weren't even aware that it was heading straight towards you. It's quite an appalling thought...that danger can not only sneak upon, but hurtle towards even someone as observant and tuned-in as you, without being detected.

I'm just glad that the higher powers were on our side. And that you were gifted that extra second.

The spectacles were a good lesson though...that one minute you're a part of somebody's life, and that all it takes is just one measly unfortunate second to be broken and turn useless.

Idiot.


No comments:

Post a Comment