Friday, July 11, 2014

Tara by the Thames


So, day 1. realised my camera is being a bit of a lemon this trip. should have fixed it before I left. So I've decided, lemonade it is. I've decided instead of boring you with pics of London as you've seen them before, all prim and proper, here's my technicolour take on the city!

Today, I set my sights upon the Palace of Westminster along the Thames. It's one of the most breathtaking structures I've ever seen! From a distance, it looks like its made from the most delicate toothpicks! This is characteristic of the Perpendicular Gothic style of architecture that this 19th century building was built with by architect Charles Barry. Bit of reconstruction work happening :) The british parliament functions out of here and those pink and blue canopies you see at the base are where the parliamentarians have tea and crumpets :) 



This is Lambeth Bridge, one of the 200 bridges (!) across the Thames. The Thames is a tidal river, which means that every night, the water rises up to where you can see the moss on the foundation!! During the day, you can walk along the shore of river. Plan on doing that one of these days.



Then i walked down Jubilee Walkway. This runs along the Thames and takes a tourist down a long path of cultural and artistic sights all the way down to South Bank



Southbank :) I just tipped my toes. Will go back and spend an entire evening there. Lots of interesting theatre and performance arts there. And love is in the air, everywhere :) all nationalities, shapes, sizes and orientations :)


This is Westminster Bridge. Wordsworth wrote about it, Monet painted it, and I took these picture ;)


ofcourse, what would a photo essay from me be without a picture of an animal :) this sad fellow had horribly disfigured feet so he caught my attention. i pointed the camera at him and he hid his toes. so i like him. and so should you!


Of course, the London Eye.



And Churchill. 



And at last :) THE BIG BEN :) got the hear it chime 8 in bright chirpy sunshine :) 




The light finally died down at 10 and we went home to cook. But before that, 
RAINBOW :)



So, then. Toodles poodles :D . Today's a new, (rainy) day.













No comments:

Post a Comment